Nina's Recap of E3 2015
E3 2015 in LA was a blast and the largest attendance I have seen ever. More than 52,200 video game professionals, analysts, journalists, and enthusiasts, representing 109 countries attended the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) the Entertainment Software Association (ESA) announced at the close of E3 2015.
On display at the global video game event were more than 1,600 products from 300 exhibitors. ESA, which owns and produces E3, also revealed that E3 2016 will take place June 14-16 in Los Angeles at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
I have attended E3 for cutegeek.com and SF Examiner a couple times and every time I over book myself or wasn’t cool enough. This year I made a change and I only RSVP’d for the events and booths I was interested in. Below are the event’s and booths I attended or attempted due to long lines (in no specific order).
- Xbox Briefing which revealed Xbox One Games and a place to play games like Halo 5: Guardians, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Forza Motorsport 6. This event apparently was the only one with Fable Legends and Gears of War, and the only place to play all new EA games before they launch.**
- Thd Rockband 4 event which the “FREESTYLE GUITAR SOLO” GAMEPLAY was revealed. The lines were so long I did not get to play but I did see a bunch of people test it. To see the Rock Band 4: Behind the Scenes with Freestyle Guitar Solos click here. Also pre-order today and get 30 extra bonus songs!***
- Youtube: but they announced their new upcoming launch of YouTube Gaming later this summer, a brand new app and website designed to keep you connected to the games, players, and culture with videos, live streams, and the biggest community of gamers on the web. I tried it out and excited to test it out at home in the near future. Perfect for us writers and bloggers as well.
- Just Dance 2016 by Ubisoft: I’m a sucker for this game and now you can play it on your phone! (BTW what’s up with them matching me up with this hot dancer when I am clearly the Rudy?). Now my favorite game Just Dance 2016 allows players to download a free app on their smartphone and use that as a controller, similar to the Wii's version of Just Dance. It can also be used on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii, and Wii U Platforms to be launched on October 20th.
- Lego: Lego®Minifigures Online Launched June 29th for Pc, Mac, Linux, IOS And Android plus I posed with the Lego Hulk!
- Turtle Beach: I honestly didn’t realize this company was still going on. The frequency and bass was amazing; I hope to try out some human size headphones considering these would not fit into my condo.
- Relic of the gods: BEST booth babes ever!! I didn’t do to the demo due to LA traffic and but here is a summary: A strategy turn-based MOBA game for everyone. Coming soon on iOS, Android, PC and Mac. Word has it that it was it’s very first year at E3.
- Butt Sniffin Pugs: I tried this out and the concept is cool but the contraption of a Wilson Basket Ball and stuff animal you have to hit in its behind to make them poop is just odd. I tried it but I don’t think I was any good.
- Butt Sniffin Pugs Game using the SpaceBeagles’ giant trackball controller (with stuffed pug butt attachment), players will finally be able to immerse themselves as a pug and explore the virtual world that is "Central Bark".
I already have a dog therefore I don’t need learning skills on this HOWEVER if this is teaching kids to pick up their dogs excrement's with a fun spin why not. To check it out click here.
To recap I had a phenomenal experience and one thing is for certain this show has grown leaps and bounds since I’ve been in the industry. It’s was interesting seeing the excitement over gaming innovation from kids to adults. I can’t wait for next year!