Check out the New Ginx App by Gerome Sapp (Former NFL Star) launched!
SXSW each year grows immensely and I think 2015 technology had a huge presence than the past (though the rain sucked). This year my favorite app was GINX; a new app that former NFL Star Gerome Sapp launched while there.
For the longest time I thought he must have changed his name to Gerome's App but that is a HUGE negative. I embarrassing may have asked him that after an adult beverage....but it's truly is Gerome Sapp (though if he did that would be a hilarious branding concept).
SO What's GINX?!?!
Glad you asked! Like my day job I created bullet points:
- Every community is focused around the hashtag initiative and its ideas, interests, and passions.
- Like flashmobs, these communities expire after a certain amount of time.
- Participants vote on each other’s images to determine the best represention of the hashtag.
- When the time expires, the participant with the most community votes for their image is crowned STAR of that hashtag and could win big rewards!
- When adding an asterisk in front of your hashtag in Instagram it's called "Ginx'ing." (I got to stay current with the social media lingo or this cutegeek will turn into old geek).
GINX is available on iPhones and Androids. Start Ginx'ing with me cutegeek fans! While my profile is not fully done on GINX during SXSW I used the asterisks in front of the the hashtag allot to find hot topics.