SXSW 2015 ATX
I can't believe almost a year ago I relocated to Austin and within a week had a day job DT and was covering SXSW for cutegeek. I have completed my press application for the interactive portion (March 13-17th) and hopefully they will also let me in for gaming as well. If I don't get my press pass I will get the guest pass and wing it- why not I live within walking distance from most places?!
This year I am excited to attend as an Austinite; I've definitely learned a thing or two since last year:-). For those attending SXSW and out of towners here are a few key things to keep in mind:
- People in Austin for the most part aren't the best drivers; combine that with out of towners and downtown is a nightmare. Trying to find parking is worse. I suggest doing Taxi or public transportation
- The petty cabs do not go past Congress and Riverside...I learned this the hard way however I was happy to see Homeslice still open after that up hill hike
- Doing meet ups or events with clients outside the SXSW DT area will be your best bet when looking for a venue (SoCO/SoLa)
- Eat before- lines are ridiculous
- The weather always changes here- layers and maybe even an umbrella!
[contact-form][contact-field label='Name' type='name' required='1'/][contact-field label='Email' type='email' required='1'/][contact-field label='Website' type='url'/][contact-field label='Comment' type='textarea' required='1'/][/contact-form]