CES Unveiled 2015
The 2015 International Consumer Electronics Show was in Las Vegas and happened January 6-9th. CES 2015 was indeed more innovative than I have seen in previous years and I believe it was the biggest turn out thus far! What a start to 2015! Go Geeks! I arrived to Vegas on Sunday to attend the CES Unveiled and Start-up Debut press events. CES Unveiled is the official media event that has booths and demos of products before the show including 2015 CES Innovation Awards Honorees.
As I walked the event floor I was overwhelmed by the different types of electronics. Someone said I had a perma-smile while walking in-like a kid in a candy store!
- Dacor and I had a funny introduction in 2013; after the Napa Valley Film Festival IQ Wall Oven I got texts all day that my food was ready from the Discovery™ iQ Oven. At Unveiled Dacor introduced the voice activation feature of their Discovery™ iQ series with a fully integrated Android tablet. Starting spring 2015, users will be able to control their Discovery™ iQ appliances through voice command on the Dacor iQ Remote App, remotely from anywhere they are connected. It also has the Discovery iQ Recipe Box which stores your online recipes directly to the range.
- Tyia blends a jewelry design with technology to create a useful but elegant accessory for all us women who need to stay connected 24/7. We have all been in a meeting or class which answering a text/call is inconsiderate to peers unless it’s an emergency. The Tyia bracelet synchronizes with the mobile app that helps you to stay on top of your calls, messages, calendar items, and reminders. The Tyia lets you increase the intensity and pattern of the vibration or color to know how important a notification is. Tyia wearers can decide what is important based on your personal settings.
- I got my first Misfit Shine activity tracker last March when I met the Misfit team at SXSW and immediately loved it! Since then they have introduced different colors for the shine, an array of sport and leather bands, and various other accessories. Misfit introduced their partnership with Swarovski with two new products: the clear Swarovski Shine with a brilliant crystal face and a violet Swarovski Shine which uses a patented “energy crystal” technology to power itself. This is the world’s first wireless activity and sleep monitor that utilizes an energy harvesting technology to enable it to never require charging or replacing of batteries. I hope to review this in 2015!
- Since its basketball season (Go Spurs Go!) the 94Fifty Smart Sensor Basketball intrigued me. The 94Fifty Basketball is the world’s first smart basketball that measures any forces applied to it, full 360 degree view of the ball, and the player that moves it. I didn’t get a demo of this product so I hope to review this before NBA season is over!
- Anything that levitates catches my attention; I still wish there was a legit hover board like Back to the Future. The Axxess Air 2 is a Levitating Bluetooth Speaker that plays for 5 hours long, uses a USB charger, connectable via Bluetooth 4.0, hands free calling system, attachable to your refrigerator via magnet and 10m transmission distance. I’m not sure when it comes to market but definitely in 2015.
- Urbanears unveiled it’s the first pair of wireless headphones; the Plattan ADV. It comes with a built in microphone, a swipe interface on the ear cup, bluetooth playback that will last roughly eight hours on a charge and recalls the last eight devices that have been paired. The headband is actually machine washable and the complete headphones are fully collapsible. The Plattan were pretty comfortable to try on and perfect if you wear your headphones daily.
- What if your car runs out of batteries and don’t have someone to help you jump start your car? As a woman I fear that…The Cobra JumPackTM with a starting current of 200A and 400A peak current has enough power to jump start most cars on a single charge. This compact portable power pack also contains a 7,500 mAh battery with a 2.1 Amp USB output to rapidly charge any mobile device from smart phones to tablets to digital cameras, making it the ideal emergency battery pack for a home, office, vehicle or the outdoors. The Cobra JumPack has a built-in LED flashlight with a strobe and S.O.S function for emergencies.
Though there were countless of amazing products at CES Unveiled these are the ones I enjoyed the most and I hope you do too! Stay tuned for Pepcom and Showstoppers recaps!!
Happy New Year!