Toshiba's Got Bang for Your Back-to-School Buck$
Toshiba wants to get you back-to-school with a variety of new, fast and sleek Satellite Series notebooks coming out this month. My personal favorite is the Satellite P700 Series notebooks which are ideal for multi-tasking students and young professionals looking for a trendy but sturdy, high-performance notebook for on-the-go social-networking, hyper-caffeinated internet-surfing, movies, music and to serve as the ‘hub’ for all of their ‘smart’ devices. The Satellite P700 features:
- Toshiba's textured Fusion X2 shell which resists fingerprints and smudging.
- 14, 15.6- and 17.3 inch HD LED backlit screens
- harman/kardon speakers with sound enhancements from Dolby and Waves Audio
- raised tile keyboards
- HDMI port and USB 3.0 port for faster data transfers
- 2nd-generation Intel and AMD A-Series processors
- Storage options up to 750GB
- Optional features include: Intel Wireless Display, 4G WiMAX and a Blu-ray disc player
The Satellite P700 Series features USB Sleep & Charge and Sleep & Music, allowing users to charge and/or play music from their ‘smart devices’ while the laptop is powered down. Pricing starts at $629 with availability starting June 19.
If the P700 is more machine than you need and more than you want to spend, then check out the equally stylish Satellite L700 Series, which offers robust features, great performance and a sleek design available in a multitude of colors (Brushed Aluminum Blue, Graphite, Silver, White, Red and Brown), with displays ranging in size from 13.3 inches to 17.3 inches. Pricing starts at $449.
If you are looking for a dependable basic “no-bells-and-whistles” laptop, then check out the Satellite C600 Series, a very affordable, easy-to-use PC for basic productivity at home, office or around town. Basic features include DVD SuperMulti drive and standard keyboard with 10-keypad. Pricing starts at $379.