by Nina Pena on December 5th, 2016
Ready to dance the night away in one of the most iconic cities in the world? Misfit (my all time favorite tech wearables company) is teaming up with General Assembly to send you and a friend to the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival.
Misfit & General Assembly will cover your flight, 3 nights at the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel in the French Quarter and 2 VIP tickets to the festival. They are also throwing in a $100 credit towards any General Assembly class or workshop.
If you would like to enter the contest click here. Please note that you MUST enter the contest by Sunday, January 1 for your chance to win.
Good Luck to all my Cutegeek fans! I hope one of you guys have the opportunity to experience New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival.
Source: Misfit.com, GeneralAssembly.com & nojazzfest.com
by Nina Pena on November 28th, 2016
Cyber Monday is half way in the day but there are still last minute deals that I am still receiving. To help all you last minute shoppers here are some of the tech Cyber Monday deals that are currently going on.
Hope this helps all of you cyber shoppers today!
by Nina Pena on October 18th, 2016
The Shine and other Misfit products have been on of my favorite products I have reviewed after learning about them in 2014 at SXSW in Austin, Texas. Today to continue their success with wearable technology they announced the Misfit Phase Hybrid Smartwatch to be available on www.misfit.com to purchase starting on November 7, 2016.
The Misfit Phase Hybrid Smartwatch face is the user interface for notifications, feedback, activity, alarm and notification data using an interplay of the watch hands. It also has a small color window,vibration alerts, texting, call, app notifications, and movement reminders delivered directly to a user’s wrist.
I will be doing a product review of Misfit Phase Hybrid Smartwatch on my other site www.hi-techchic.com and will be included in the holiday guide with more in depth and usability information. Till then below is the official press release.
by Radiris Diaz on January 12th, 2015
The 2015 International Consumer Electronics Show was in Las Vegas and happened January 6-9th. CES 2015 was indeed more innovative than I have seen in previous years and I believe it was the biggest turn out thus far! What a start to 2015! Go Geeks!
I arrived to Vegas on Sunday to attend the CES Unveiled and Start-up Debut press events. CES Unveiled is the official media event that has booths and demos of products before the show including 2015 CES Innovation Awards Honorees.
As I walked the event floor I was overwhelmed by the different types of electronics. Someone said I had a perma-smile while walking in-like a kid in a candy store!
- Dacor and I had a funny introduction in 2013; after the Napa Valley Film Festival IQ Wall Oven I got texts all day that my food was ready from the Discovery™ iQ Oven. At Unveiled Dacor introduced the voice activation feature of their Discovery™ iQ series with a fully integrated Android tablet. Starting spring 2015, users will be able to control their Discovery™ iQ appliances through voice command on the Dacor iQ Remote App, remotely from anywhere they are connected. It also has the Discovery iQ Recipe Box which stores your online recipes directly to the range.
- Tyia blends a jewelry design with technology to create a useful but elegant accessory for all us women who need to stay connected 24/7. We have all been in a meeting or class which answering a text/call is inconsiderate to peers unless it’s an emergency. The Tyia bracelet synchronizes with the mobile app that helps you to stay on top of your calls, messages, calendar items, and reminders. The Tyia lets you increase the intensity and pattern of the vibration or color to know how important a notification is. Tyia wearers can decide what is important based on your personal settings.
- I got my first Misfit Shine activity tracker last March when I met the Misfit team at SXSW and immediately loved it! Since then they have introduced different colors for the shine, an array of sport and leather bands, and various other accessories. Misfit introduced their partnership with Swarovski with two new products: the clear Swarovski Shine with a brilliant crystal face and a violet Swarovski Shine which uses a patented “energy crystal” technology to power itself. This is the world’s first wireless activity and sleep monitor that utilizes an energy harvesting technology to enable it to never require charging or replacing of batteries. I hope to review this in 2015!
- Since its basketball season (Go Spurs Go!) the 94Fifty Smart Sensor Basketball intrigued me. The 94Fifty Basketball is the world’s first smart basketball that measures any forces applied to it, full 360 degree view of the ball, and the player that moves it. I didn’t get a demo of this product so I hope to review this before NBA season is over!
- Anything that levitates catches my attention; I still wish there was a legit hover board like Back to the Future. The Axxess Air 2 is a Levitating Bluetooth Speaker that plays for 5 hours long, uses a USB charger, connectable via Bluetooth 4.0, hands free calling system, attachable to your refrigerator via magnet and 10m transmission distance. I’m not sure when it comes to market but definitely in 2015.
- Urbanears unveiled it’s the first pair of wireless headphones; the Plattan ADV. It comes with a built in microphone, a swipe interface on the ear cup, bluetooth playback that will last roughly eight hours on a charge and recalls the last eight devices that have been paired. The headband is actually machine washable and the complete headphones are fully collapsible. The Plattan were pretty comfortable to try on and perfect if you wear your headphones daily.
- What if your car runs out of batteries and don’t have someone to help you jump start your car? As a woman I fear that…The Cobra JumPackTM with a starting current of 200A and 400A peak current has enough power to jump start most cars on a single charge. This compact portable power pack also contains a 7,500 mAh battery with a 2.1 Amp USB output to rapidly charge any mobile device from smart phones to tablets to digital cameras, making it the ideal emergency battery pack for a home, office, vehicle or the outdoors. The Cobra JumPack has a built-in LED flashlight with a strobe and S.O.S function for emergencies.
Though there were countless of amazing products at CES Unveiled these are the ones I enjoyed the most and I hope you do too! Stay tuned for Pepcom and Showstoppers recaps!!
Happy New Year!
by Radiris Diaz on November 11th, 2014
Over the summer Misfit sent me the new Coca Cola inspired Shine activity and sleep monitor in red with a white sports band and Classic Tee with the Flash Pocket located on the sleeve…unfortunately they shipped it to my old address in San Francisco instead of my place in Austin. Fortunately I went back home to SF in August for a quick visit and picked up the new Shine to test out.
The Shine measures steps, calories burned, distance and sleep quality and duration by using the Misfit app which is compatible with iOS, Android, Windows phones and tablets. For those who have never seen the Shine it’s an Anodized Aircraft-grade Aluminum disc (about the size of a quarter) that attaches to you via magnetic clasp, watch band (comes in leather, plastic and mesh), Misfit Classic Tee, Misfit socks or necklace. The shine does comes with the clasp and sport band however you can upgrade to other accessories when you purchase it online.
Unboxing the Shine is a bit of a geek experience; it comes in a nice box that has a magnet to keep the Shine stationary. After I placed the battery into the Shine I immediately synced it to my iPhone. Since I have one Shine already I was concerned that my iPhone would be confused by the two different Shines. To my amazement the Misfit app allows you to have more than 1 Shine (which is important since they come in different colors and for this fashionista I want my Shine to match my outfit).
After syncing I went into settings to personalize my Shine and set my goals. Immediately I realized the previous Shine I had did not have some of the same features. One new feature is the sleep monitor; I’m nocturnal so I was curious to see what it would read when I woke up the next AM. The sleep monitor calculates the amount of “restful” sleep depending on your personal settings. I admit I was a sceptic at first till I woke up the next AM with my sleep results- it was dead on.
Another cool feature with the app is taking pictures of each meal you have so you can track what you have eaten in a day. The Shine also has the Lose it!, Runkeeper, Walgreens, and IFTTT (Misfit Channel) apps.
Though the market is flooded with new fitness devices I have been of a fan of the Shine since I received my first one at SXSW when I met the Misfit team. I love that it doesn’t look like a fitness band and more like a fashion piece. It has always been a conversation starter once someone sees it light up (though it gets annoying when people come tapping on it just to see the Shine lights- one time is ok several times from the same person warrants laser beams shooting out of my eyes).
The Shine activity and sleep monitor is available online at the Misfit site or at Target for $99.00.
by Nina Pena on June 30th, 2014
Sparkle this holiday with the Shine Star Spangled Set. Get a Coca-Cola Red Shine, available for the first time today on their site. It comes with a black sportband and clasp, the NEW White Sport Band, and a Navy Misfit Classic Tee—all for $119.99. Declare your independence in style with the new Coca-Cola Red Shine Star Spangled Set.
by Radiris Diaz on March 10th, 2014
Hello Cutegeekers! It’s been a busy first weekend of SXSW…late tonight I will be posting about my SXSW gaming expo experience. It took me back to the days of paperboy and Mario Bros.
Late last night I posted on examiner.com of my IndieGoGo experience with Misfit, URB-E and Breathometer; to check it out go here.
Stay tuned and happy SXSW 2014! It’s been a blast so far!